Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Busy, busy week!

Hello everyone out there in blogland! Well as you might suspect from my lack of posts this week (booooo) I've been really busy (yaaaaay)! I've been on a bunch of dives and successfully captured 8 lionfish. Bringing my grand total of lionfish captures to 9 (hey, there's quite the learning curve here).

I'm very excited to share with you all (okay brag a little) about my day yesterday. I spent the afternoon diving with the man who quite literally wrote the book on diving in Taiwan. Two of his books sit next to me on my desk in lab. He and his assistants went out with Xiawin and I lionfish hunting. It was part work part professional photo shoot (pictures to follow). After the diving, and 4, yes 4 lionfish collected, we went to his assistant's house and grilled buckets full of shellfish and sat around eating and drinking beer all night. It was glorious. Granted I totally missed out on the conversations as I don't speak Chinese, but it was still a GREAT afternoon and evening.

I am so completely and utterly grateful for my experiences here so far, and can only imagine what lies ahead in the next 5 weeks. Sorry no pictures today, I'm a bit behind on uploading, but I will share again soon!

Love to all!
-Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment