Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The halfway point

Today I reflect on the fact that my stay in Taiwan is halfway over. I absolutely cannot believe it. I have been in this wonderful country a month. A MONTH! In some ways it feels as though I've been here a long time, but certainly not a month. This experience has already taught me so much.  I have learned to get by being completely illiterate. My scooter driving skills have increased exponentially, seriously why don't we drive scooters around town in the States?!? They get amazing gas mileage and they are damn fun! I always knew I liked mango but I never knew I could become completely obsessed, seriously everyday Eric asks what I've eaten that day and everyday mango is on the list. So I'm going to list a few of my favorite things in Taiwan and follow it up with a few things I am more than ready to get back to.

 (The wonderful fruit at the roadside fruit stands - that's 3 varieties of mangoes you see there!!!)
 (The sunsets - every night I get this view outside my room) 
 (Iced black tea - so very, very yummy and refreshing and not the same as ours)
 (My lab - the people are incredibly kind and helpful)
( The Band - these wonderful people never cease to make me laugh)

Despite all the wonders Taiwan has to hold, and I'm sure I have yet to discover some, I still miss a lot about home. And my departure will most certainly be bitter sweet. Here is what I'm ready to get home to most:

 (My man, not the gator he can keep those)
 (Samster - the best "puppy" in the world)
 (My crazy little house)
 (My amazing friends)
(and of course Alabama football, Roll Tide!)

Love to all!
-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment